cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt Big Bundle Contract has two different start/finish dates. Best date to use to give notice to quit.

hamishboy
Joining in

Greetings All  

On 06 SEPTEMBER  2022 I changed, over the phone an Oomph package to a Volt package...BB,  (M125), TV Mixit, TP Weekend and an O2 simcard. Usual 18 month mimimum period with £30 promo discount. I was passed through to O2 re the pay monthly simcard after the VM stuff was complerted. I have noticed that on subsequent VM bills that there is a note that this account has a promo code finishing on 06/MARCH  2024...so 06/09/22 to 06/03/24 ...18 months.

However when the Contract appeared start date is  06  OCTOBER 2022 finishing 05  APRIL 2024, and that the promotional discount (£30) is to 05  APRIL 2024. There is mention on the paperwork that there is a 30 day notice period and one will notice the SERVICE CHANGE after this peiod. The Contract aslo states that the 'Promotional Offer (£30) is until 05 APRIL 2024.  Also any change before 05 April 2024 could lead to charges.

It struck me that if I decided to quit VM, I would have to give 30 days notice just before  05  FEBRUARY 2024 to avoid larger bills.  However if the conditions of the CONTRACT are applied on giving notice before 05 FEBRUARY (ie within the next few days)  which would be TWO months before 05 APRIL 2024, there could be a E. D. F. for one month.

VM Customer Services have provided conflicting answers recently but there is an insistance that the contract minimum period finishes on  06 MARCH which suggests they have not checked the CONTRACT  start DATE of   Thursday 6th OCTOBER 2022.  

I need to know which date to  use to avoid unnecessaryily high charges in the event of not being given an acceptable price for a new contract/package.

Many thanks.

Hamishboy

Email me when someone replies
Message tags