cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt - Beware

Suzanne123
On our wavelength

I received an email from Virgin with a link that gave information about Volt. It stated:

When you’re with both of us, you’ll enjoy double the mobile data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your name, in your household, a broadband speed boost to the next available level (if you aren’t already on the fastest speeds you can get in your area), and supercharged connectivity at home or on the move.

I filled out the form and O2 upgraded my data however I heard nothing from Virgin. I called Virgin today and spoke to 2 customer care reps who both said that I would need to pay extra for Volt. This is total misrepresentation as nowhere in the information does it state that there is a cost. I was also told that because I was mid contract I would need to take out a new contract to get Volt. Again this is misrepresentation. I was also told that oomph customers do not qualify for Volt. Again this is not stated. I was then told that they would transfer me to O2 to arrange to get the upgrade of the O2 data removed however after an hour I was cut off. This is totally disgraceful, very unprofessional and appears to be a way of extracting more money from existing customers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Suzanne123
On our wavelength

No Lee - please read my previous posts!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

37 REPLIES 37

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Suzanne, 

Thank you for your post 🙂 

with the Volt, your upgrade will happen in 14 working days. I would advise calling our team on 150/0345 454 1111, if you have any issues with the upgrade.

Zoie

Suzanne123
On our wavelength

Hi Zoie

I did call 150 and they told me what I put in my previous post?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry you were advised this, taking out Volt, you are not obligated to re-contract or take out a new package. The Virgin Media benefit of a speed boost is applied free of charge and can be applied onto any bundle, including both those with a regular price and those that have a discount. 

We are unable to upgrade this for you, and you will need to call our team for the upgrade.

If you feel you have been put on a new contract I can help with that.

Zoie

Suzanne123
On our wavelength

Hi Zoie

Your team has refused to provide me with the free upgrade so I am at a total loss as to what to do. I am a pensioner and really feel that this is a disgusting way to try and obtain money from your elderly customers. This is not the sort of behaviour I would expect from a company like Virgin and I am very upset as the lady told me that I shouldn't have got the upgrade from O2 and this must be removed. I am living on a pension and I am very scared that they are going to change my prices without my permission and I am making myself ill over it.

If you have been upgrade by O2, then you would need to contact them directly so they can investigate and amend this. 

With regards to your Virgin Media account, do you know if an amend has been done on those service?

^Martin

Martin I was given an upgrade by O2 which appears to be free as per the terms of Volt.

in Zoie’s last post she clearly stated:

The Virgin Media benefit of a speed boost is applied free of charge and can be applied onto any bundle, including both those with a regular price and those that have a discount. 

So why do I need to contact O2 and why is Virgin trying to force me to pay extra for something that should be free?

Why is no one at Virgin trying to help me? Instead everyone is trying to take more money from me for something that is free which is very poor practice and very upsetting.

i have flagged this back to staff - the advice above is correct - volt should be free and not change your contract or price paid - you do not need to contact 02 imo - they seem to have a much better understanding of the package than the script readers at VM - wait for staff to get back to the thread and hopefully they can have a better go at sorting this

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Suzanne123
On our wavelength

Thank you for your help Tony - this whole thing is very distressing 

Okay, so the upgrade from O2 was for free. Thank you for clarifying that.

Myself and Zoie are agent of VM and are trying to assist you. We do need to ensure we have all information regarding this before confirming anything. 

Which is why I also asked. With regards to your Virgin Media account, do you know if an amend has been done on those service?

If you can provide an answer to that, we can look at how to assist further.

^Martin