cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media price increase 2023. How to cancel the contract.

Photolunatic
On our wavelength

Hi. I hope you all doing well.

I am on the contract till October 2023 @ £25

The letter came to say that they want to charge me £7 (~30%) more from May.

I hate when they make changes to the terms during the contract and will cancel the thing altogether, just to prove my point.

Went to the website to read a bit more about it. Found this: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/pricechange2023

"We hope you’ll carry on enjoying your services with us. But if you decide not to, you can find information about changing or cancelling your package in the "What happens next" section on this page."

Checked the whole page and there is no "What happens next" section.

Is this a joke? (Another nail to the Virgin coffin)

How do I effectively cancel the contract? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Phone up at 8am when the lines first open dial 150 or 0345-454-1111 then options 1,1,4,4

make sure you inform them it's because of the price increase, you should receive a confirmation email within a couple of hours 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Photolunatic wrote:

Went to the website to read a bit more about it. Found this: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/pricechange2023

"We hope you’ll carry on enjoying your services with us. But if you decide not to, you can find information about changing or cancelling your package in the "What happens next" section on this page."

Checked the whole page and there is no "What happens next" section.

I've just checked using four different browsers on my PC.

The "What happens next" section is showing when using Chrome and Firefox browsers, however it's missing if using Edge or Brave browsers.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

I've just checked using four different browsers on my PC.

The "What happens next" section is showing when using Chrome and Firefox browsers, however it's missing if using Edge or Brave browsers.

Thanks for checking this.  I use hardened Firefox and it does not show.

I wouldn't think that this is a faulty/non-compatible website design. I did not expect a cheaply made website from Virgin, the multimillion corporation that just raised prices for millions of Brits during the contract but I digress. I hope they will not get away with it easily.

Could you post a screenshot or transcript of this section, please?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Clipboard01.jpgClipboard02.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Top man. Thank you! 🙏