cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talking to a real person

Siralli
On our wavelength

I have currently been on Chat for 3 hours now - with intermiitent communication and my problem still unresolved!  Still waiting!

I have been looking to adjust my package, this is my 3rd day of trying, including on the phone yesterday when I was cut off at the stage of completing agreement on change!

Some of the problems are my own being as I sometimes find it difficult on the telephone due to hearing impediment!  I find it difficult understanding our ethnic friends and or Language spoken in a broad brogue if that makes sense - apologies if not!

I am currently attempting to discover if my attempt yesterday was successful - though this doesnt show online at the moment - and as my contract is due for renewal very soon I obviously want this sorted asap!

Any advice welcomed.

Thanking you in anticipation

Siralli

25 REPLIES 25

Siralli
On our wavelength

Hi Again,

Following my last post earlier today - and having tried again via phone, I returned to my WhattsApp connection, sent VM a message, completed the security measures and was put back into the queue!

There isd a warning that there could be lengthy delays, but I am once again in a queue at 13.25.......6hrs and 35mins to end of business, so if unsuccesful, it won't be quite as long as yesterday😠

Siralli

Siralli
On our wavelength
Hi Paul,
It appears as though we crossed on posts just now!
I will respond to your suggestion once I get the "purple box" - I take it that you mean here on the forum?

Thanks

Siralli

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Siralli 

If you scroll up to the top of the forum there should be an envelope icon coloured purple.

Tha is your private message from Paul

Click on the envelope icon and a new screen will open where you can read the message and send a private reply to Paul.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Siralli
On our wavelength

Hi,

Thanks for the advice!

Paul has been very helpful, but rather unfortunately I haven't yet resolved my problem, despite Pauls best efforts for me!

I am left with finding a cast iron way of getting to speak to a member of the Retention Team on the phone - full stop!

Various methods of attempting to do this, have, thus far - not found a way through!

If anyone can suggest a way for me to arrange a member of the Retention Team to ring me, or contact me to arrange a call, I will willingly call them!

I will be entering my 5th day tomorrow, still attempting to review my contract before renewal early Feb.

Thanks again

Siralli

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Siralli 

I'm afraid the Forum Team aren't able to arrange callbacks.

The best I can suggest is that you call first thing on a morning at 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

150 from your Virgin landline and options 1,1, 4 and 4 should put you through to Retentions (thinking of leaving us)

They are generally based in the UK and do far more than cancellations.

Hopefully they can assuage the experience you have endured so far.

They also have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents should you wish to negotiate a new deal rather than just cancel. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Siralli
On our wavelength
Thanks Dave.
I will give this a crack tomorrow, and should I get any joy, I will post accordingly!

In the meantime - my thanks to everyone including yourself, Zach and Paul whoi stuck at it for me but was unable to make a breakthrough for me!

Best regards to all

Siralli

Hi Siralli,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, you are very welcome, sorry we weren't able to help further here, as advised by newapollo, this is something our Customer Relations do on a daily basis and have all the knowledge and tools to resolve this for you?

Regards

Paul.

Siralli
On our wavelength

Thanks Paul,

I did pen a rather longer post which now appears to have gone walkabout - so I will just say thanks to yourself, newapollo and Zach for your help, and trust that the 3hrs plus that I have just spent with an Agent this morning, brings about the correct outcome for me!  This is pretty much ongoing, with more work to do yet with 02 and reading all the paperwork once this comes through!

Here's hoping - and my thanks to you all once again!

Siralli

Siralli
On our wavelength
Just to update - I have now had my contracts through, and things just dont add up to what Ithought I was changing!
After the extensive periods of stress during tha last 5 days - I just cannot go through this all again, so regretfully I am going to cancel contract and do without!

Thanks again for everything - frustrated and disapointed

Siralli

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to see you're thinking of leaving Siralli.

Could I ask what in particular is different to what you thought it would be?

Hope we can rectify this,

I'll send a PM to discuss further

Kain