cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services offline

Stquench93
Joining in

I recently signed up to virgin media and I’ve had it 1 week. I got an email a few days ago to say the Oomph bundle was going to be changed to the Mixit bundle. Today my services are completely off and I’ve used the virgin media app to do the checks to see if a cable has got lose etc. I’ve now booked an engineer to come out to check but I’m wondering that if my bundle has been changed (I didn’t request this), that’s the reason why I’m offline and a new bundle order has been placed and that needs to go through first before services start.. would anyone know what has happened? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What services do you currently have - TV? Broadband? Phone? What symptoms do you have from each?

Is anything reported on the automated status line? 0800 5610061 is a free call from any phone and is usually the most reliable way of checking "loss of service" situations that tend to be localised and street/postcode-level.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What services do you currently have - TV? Broadband? Phone? What symptoms do you have from each?

Is anything reported on the automated status line? 0800 5610061 is a free call from any phone and is usually the most reliable way of checking "loss of service" situations that tend to be localised and street/postcode-level.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi

I have the M100 fibre broadband with virgin media SIM. I just have the standard tv package that comes along with it. I don’t have a landline but I was given my telephone number by engineer but again only use my mobile. My broadband box is flashing green and my Virgin tv box shows a solid white light with a flashing light in the middle. 

The bundle I’ve been moved over too is the Mixit Tv bundle which is the same but this does not include the SIM as this offer was is no longer available.

I rang that number and it said no services are affected in the area. 

thanks for your replies

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Stquench93 wrote:

I have the M100 fibre broadband with virgin media SIM. I just have the standard tv package that comes along with it. I don’t have a landline but I was given my telephone number by engineer but again only use my mobile. My broadband box is flashing green and my Virgin tv box shows a solid white light with a flashing light in the middle.

There's no such thing as a "standard" TV package, but what I was trying to establish was whether you had an active TV subscription - you seem to. Next question - which TV box do you have? I suspect a TiVo, but can you confirm - check here if you're not sure 

Others can probably help with the broadband side - the forum team may yet pick this up too. Are you able to plug a phone into your landline socket, just to see if you get a dialling tone?

Hi,

I’ve got the v6 box. I don’t have a landline phone to check the dial tone neither.

on the V6 box it has 2 arrives pointing away from one another and it’s flashing.

cheers

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In any "loss of service" situation such as this, you may ultimately get a quicker response by calling in - use 0345 4541111 (landline rate call) from any other phone.

That said, I'll attempt the TV side.. you've described a V6 without a working net connection (which comes from your VM home broadband) - but what do you get onscreen with live TV channels? Both the FTA ones such as BBC1/ITV and also any subscription ones you have (potentially none if you're on Mixit)

Thanks for your replies

no channels are working on the VM tv box. I don’t have another Ariel at the minute to check if other channels are working. 

cheers

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I was hoping for you to quote an error code/message that the V6 should generate, but...

Check your connections for being finger-tight, and call VM faults on the 0345 number I mentioned - or wait here for staff response. It may be tonight, or probably tomorrow.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Stquench93

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the issues you are experiencing with your services, I'm sorry to hear that your TV and internet are not working at the moment. I would like to take a look further into this for you, I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can!

Kind regards,

Serena