cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mis-sold renewal contract

mazb19
Joining in

I am in a similar position where virgin media representative promised me one thing verbally and then sent me a different contract in writing.

This was in January. Realised in Feb and they admitted it verbally. After several calls still not resolved. 

On June 16th I finally got an email confirmation that they will apply an £18 credit 48 hours after approval. Problem is no one bothers to approve.

After another 90min call with no resolution i've now cancelled my direct debit and raised with cisas.

Awful experience I hope they terminate and we can go out separate ways. 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mazb19 wrote:

After another 90min call with no resolution i've now cancelled my direct debit and raised with cisas.

Although you're perfectly at liberty to do this, remember VM's credit process is both automated & efficient. If payments aren't made, then credit file entries can be made that will cause you far more problems in the long term.

Only cancel regular payments if you are willing to accept potential credit implications for upto 6years. Or even more hassle in resolving them before.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That's a great point. But not sure how else I get someone to contact me to resolve this. I believe they will be efficient at collection given the nature of their organisation. 

I'll consider reinstating it temporarily and then reclaiming the money via the direct debit guarantee. Just want this experience with virgin media to end. Life is difficult enough these days without having to deal with dishonest corporates. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mazb19 wrote:

That's a great point. But not sure how else I get someone to contact me to resolve this.. 

That depends on being clear on where you are in the complaints process. You've referenced CISAS, but does that mean you've gone 8weeks through a VM complaint or have otherwise been given a deadlock letter? Because if not, then CISAS will expect you to.

The forum team can often resolve these sorts of queries and save a CISAS referral, but once a complaint has gone to CISAS then VM's internal processes have been exhausted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes been more than 8 weeks since first complaint.

I don't have the time to keep chasing virgin. 

I've spent more than. 3 hours on the phone trying to resolve this. I've had countless email exchanges. First complaint was raised in February.  I can't waste more energy on this. They have confirmed fault in writing now. 

I'm hopeful CISAS will reach a reasonable position. Let's wait and see. 

Hi mazb19, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here although I am sorry that the journey that led you here hasn't been the best. 

Whilst we are able to look in to things via the Community, as you have already referred this to CISAS, we are no longer able to help and look in to things I'm afraid. Instead CISAS will come to us directly with your case and we will put forward anything we need to. They will then make a decision and we will abide by that. 

We wish you the best of luck and if you have any further issues going forward, pop back and let us know so we can help. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs