cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Forgot security password

Sladdin1
Joining in

Hiya,

I'm also having this exact problem! Two attempts they asked for a password with no hint or question whatsoever. And both times I never received any letter in the post! Its frustrating because I need to change my plan.

Any help to get around this password would be appreciated. 

Chris 

5 REPLIES 5

Sladdin1
Joining in

I need help with this as well please

Sladdin1
Joining in

Hiya,

I'm having trouble with making queries on phone or live chat regarding my account. Two attempts they asked for a password with no hint or question whatsoever. It was set on the phone when I started my account with Virgin Media but I do not remember what it was. Over the phone I never received any letter in the post for the password both times. Its frustrating because I need to change my plan.

Any help with this password would be appreciated. 

Chris 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Chris,

When calling if you don't input any characters from your security password then an agent should pick up the phone and be able to ask other questions to verify you as the account holder. have your latest bill  handy as that has your account number, package and payment details.  They should then be able to process the regrade and send out the reminder.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you in a day or two and help with the security password however they can't perform regrades.

If you have a VM landline and phone from that then the online agents should be able to ask you for the serial numbers of your VM equipment as verification too

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sladdin

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've also forgotten the security password to your account. 

I'm going to send you a PM for more account details so we can get a reminder sent out to you. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chris, thanks for getting back to us. 

Please respond to my PM where I'll be able to assist you further. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide