cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract agreed with advisor different to written contract

K8tie
Tuning in

Hi all

I've had a few problems with virgin. I renegotiated my contract by phone then received an email the next day with a much higher amount than was agreed.

I got back in touch, was given an apology and got offered a slightly higher amount(which I took because I was getting fed up) only for the written contract to be a significantly higher amount again.

On both occasions the advisor confirmed the amount agreed was for the contract so my question is, is virgin known for this? I've never had any problems before but this service has been shocking! If I hadn't read the contract I would've been tied in to an amount almost three times higher than agreed.

I have raised a complaint but yet to hear back. Actually thinking of leaving now.

Thanks for any advice!

15 REPLIES 15

Thanks Tony and Newapollo!

Appreciate your time and patience 🙈

I think my issue is getting sorted, but I'll update once it's confirmed!

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me @K8tie,

I am glad our complaints team has helped with this, if anything changes please pop back and we will be more than happy to assist.

Thanks,

Zoie

Hi Zoie

I thought it was dealt with but the same thing happened again. I have a different amount in the contract than was verbally agreed. I raised another complaint which I got an email reply to basically saying that the issue was dealt with when the contract was renegotiated and they marked the complaint as resolved. I replied to the email but haven't heard anything. 

Are you able to help?

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@K8tie wrote:

Hi Zoie

I thought it was dealt with but the same thing happened again. I have a different amount in the contract than was verbally agreed. I raised another complaint which I got an email reply to basically saying that the issue was dealt with when the contract was renegotiated and they marked the complaint as resolved. I replied to the email but haven't heard anything. 

Are you able to help?

if your original complaint is 8 weeks old go straight to the arbitrator and add £100 for all the messing about VM have done - f its not 8 weeks old you can wait or ask for a deadlock letter and then go to the arbitrator

what you are seeing is typical of the rubbish CD that is VM - the system is broken and you will get no where but be taken in circles by the offshore idiots and the complaints dept who solve everything by doing nothing but saying the problem is resolved

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi @K8tie 👋.

Thanks for updating us, that is not what we wanted to hear 😢. Rest assured we can look into this for you, we just need to invite you to a private message and go through a few details and have a look and see what needs to resolved if it has not. Just look out for the purple envelope (top right )for a private message from us.

Regards.

Sabrina

Spoiler

Thanks Tony, that is really good to know. I'll give them one last try to sort it and then go to the arbitrator. 

I've looked into other providers and I've got a couple of options to move elsewhere as well.

Thanks so much for all your help and advice, it's much appreciated!