cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix

VickyLouise70
Joining in

Hi, I have just renewed my contract and I had Netflix before. The new contract includes Netflix standard yet I cannot watch Netflix. It keeps saying I need to pay to watch. It's obviously looking for my old account. How can I get around this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

this isn’t a Stream question but I should be able to help. if you now have Netflix bundled with your virgin media package you will need to activate it. I think you should have been b emailed or texted to do this but it should be possible by logging onto MyVM and activating from the Netflix section of the menu  

you can even use your existing Netflix account for this, just enter the details and it will transfer the billing to Virgin Media  

Once that’s done just log on via the app on the box to view 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

this isn’t a Stream question but I should be able to help. if you now have Netflix bundled with your virgin media package you will need to activate it. I think you should have been b emailed or texted to do this but it should be possible by logging onto MyVM and activating from the Netflix section of the menu  

you can even use your existing Netflix account for this, just enter the details and it will transfer the billing to Virgin Media  

Once that’s done just log on via the app on the box to view 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @VickyLouise70,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with activating your Netflix account, has the advise from Bluelou, help you get back into your Netflix account?

Regards,

Steven_L

Martinb4
On our wavelength

I wonder if anyone has been able to do this. I haven’t. The only option I have at the moment is to stick with my existing Netflix account. I did cancel it when we took out the new Volt package last week but it just does not activate through Virgin. A technical glitch we were told by a VM operative today.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Modteam have updated the pinned post at the top of this forum.

Update: 03/05/2022

Hi, 

this issue has been resolved and we are in the process of rectifying affected accounts. You should receive an email with further details, once the issue with your specific account has been fixed. 

Emails will be sent to the registered email address on your account; if for any reason you do not receive an email over the next 24 hours please check your online MyVM account, when the issue has been resolved on your account you will then see an 'activate' button. This button will take you through the next steps. 

Modteam

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali