cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix now included in ultimate volt bundle but I'm having an issue getting it working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I was really excited to watch something on Netflix after today's news about it being included it the ultimate volt bundle at no additional cost but it simply isn't working.

I checked my account and in my account under the manage streaming services section it shows that I have Netflix active as part of my bundle but I have no way to access it. When I click to manage Netflix it tells me I needs to manage my subscription through my Netflix account but I don't have a Netflix account tied to my virgin account.

I have tried clicking through to Netflix and trying to create a new account and link my virgin media account during the set up process but that's not an option and I have tried going on to the app on the 360 box to set up an account but that doesn't work either.

I have tried everything else I can think of with no luck and any help would be much appreciated

57 REPLIES 57

Hello

Well, I just got an email from netflix saying that the accounts are now linked. Perhaps it just takes a couple of days to work through the system after activating through the virgin media account.. or perhaps there was some manual intervention needed behind the scenes for some reason. Anyway it's now working so thank you for all the responses.

thanks

@HeelPunk
The virgin website says "Netflix is included in these bundles

Whether you're a Virgin Media veteran or a new customer, our Biggest TV, Biggest TV Volt and Ultimate Volt bundles include the Netflix Standard Plan and are perfect for binging"

I am an existing customer and have been given a new contract that includes Netflix.

However I still cannot access , I can get the activate button online and in the Virgin app but it appears to do nothing. I have still not received the email after more than 24 hours..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Appreciate the update @Tractorboy

I have basically given up. Tried phoning customer services, tried the online chat and tried here on the forums with no success. Constantly being told different things by different agents/staff and still stuck in the same situation I was 2 days ago. It's clear virgin launched this without the appropriate preparation.

I'm happy to see that you got a new contract that includes it and I wish you good luck in getting it actually working.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for coming back to us and I do apologise that you're unhappy with the resolution that our colleague advised. 

If there's anything else we can help you with, we'll be more than happy to look into it. I do apologise that you're unhappy with us at the moment.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tractorboy,

Thank you for the update on this situation. I do apologise that you've not received your email yet. As @msullivan318 advised, this process may take a few days to activate.

Please keep an eye on this situation and keep us updated, so we can help further if needed. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Paulina_Z

I have still not received the email..so have never had any clear instructions on the correct procedure. I did use the activation button in my Virginmedia account.This just said register with Netflix! I did this but the only way to complete the registration was to select a payment option. I therefore selected standard package with billing via Virgin Media. At that point it was up and running on my 360 box and on my iphone Netflix app. What I am concerned about is the billing @Serena_C is looking into this for me via PM. The Netflix account says I will be billed £10.99 a month by Virgin , so far my Virgin billing does not show any additional costs so I hope all is OK.

It would be useful if a member of staff could clarify this for everybody about the correct procedure / payment options as there appears to be a lot of confusion at the moment

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for taking the time to read my messages @Paulina_Z

My frustration isn't with any of the forum staff or agents in particular as I know that in this situation none of my issues are really theirs/your fault and most of you guys try your best to solve issues like this.

I am however frustrated with virgin media as this netflix rollout has been awful. I have spent god knows how many hours over the last few days on the forums, chat and phone trying to find out what's going on.

After reading through the forums here and reading through other sites like CableForum it has become clear that everyone is getting different responses. Some are being told existing ultimate volt customers are not eligible. Some are being told they can get it but need to recontract and some a just getting it added with no changes to anything or any other issues.

Seems like it's very dependant on who you speak to and whether they have actually been properly informed or even informed at all about the new netflix addition to the bundle.

This comes after I was falsely sold the ultimate volt bundle late last year. I was being charged a price much higher than was agreed and had to fight for over a week to get the price reduced to what was originally agreed. It's fine now but still not acceptable

And then there is the ultimate oomph bundle I was previously on and took out back in 2020. It was sold to me as having sky uhd and sports uhd included at no extra cost and both of those would be arriving later in 2020 but it's 2022 and I'm on ultimate volt now and there is still no sign of sky sports uhd. And don't get me started on the mess that was the launch of sky uhd last year but that did get sorted out eventually.

All this has eroded my trust in virgin media as a company and is why I have given up with getting netflix sorted as I can only take so much messing around. The services they provide are pretty flawless in my experience but the treatment of paying customers sadly isn't.

Apologies for the long response but I needed to get this all off my chest. Please don't take any of this as an attack on you or any individual member of staff. That is not my intention.

Anyways have a nice day and good luck to anyone still trying to get this sorted out

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tractorboy wrote:

Hi @Paulina_Z

I have still not received the email..so have never had any clear instructions on the correct procedure. I did use the activation button in my Virginmedia account.This just said register with Netflix! I did this but the only way to complete the registration was to select a payment option. I therefore selected standard package with billing via Virgin Media. At that point it was up and running on my 360 box and on my iphone Netflix app. What I am concerned about is the billing @Serena_C is looking into this for me via PM. The Netflix account says I will be billed £10.99 a month by Virgin , so far my Virgin billing does not show any additional costs so I hope all is OK.

It would be useful if a member of staff could clarify this for everybody about the correct procedure / payment options as there appears to be a lot of confusion at the moment

As far as I understand it unless you get the email that confirms that you have inclusive Netflix as part of your bundle, then following the link in My Virgin Media is for the standard full priced 'Add to Bill' option that all other customers have - this charges whichever Netflix plan you choose direct to your Virgin Media bill.

Your Virgin Media account won't show the Netflix plan cost until your bill is produced each month because it's not until that point that Netflix confirm to Virgin Media the plan cost.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi BenMcr

I have been issued with a new contract ( same amount and length as previously) inclding Netflix standard. My account also shows a £0.00 amount for adding Netflix in upcoming charges.
Will have to wait and see what the next bill shows , am waiting for a reply to a PM that will hopefully clarify !

ihassan1
On our wavelength

Hi,

Can you help me too? I have Volt ultimate too

How do I get netflix