cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix have cancelled my account!

nforsyth
On our wavelength

I've had an email this morning from Netflix which says...

"Unfortunately, Virgin Media let us know that they were unable to bill your account through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective on Wednesday, May 4th, 2022."

I've not cancelled this and, indeed, I've been billed for Netflix on my latest bill. 

Getting through to vm customer services is a legendary chore, so does anyone have any ideas? 

I could just reactivate it, but I never cancelled it and I don't want to be billed twice! 

68 REPLIES 68

Hey

I tried this and I got Netflix for about 5 minutes ☹️

I got another email from Netflix saying the same thing.

Come on Virgin media get this sorted!

Johnpatnic
Joining in

I have received an email to say that Virgin media have suspended my Netflix because they couldn't take my subscription. The result of this is that Netflix are charging my personal credit card for the service and I am still paying my normal monthly subscription to VM meaning I am paying twice.

Nothing has changed from my end and VM technical support do not appear to know how to fix the problem. This has been going on for a couple of weeks with no resolution in sight. The latest suggestion from technical support was for me to pay for Netflix myself, when I reminded them that this was part of my package they had no answer.

Any suggestion as to how to resolve this would be appreciated.

I have had the same problem for four weeks and now advised to subscribe directly with Netflix….I asked if VM could guarantee the problem wouldn’t reappear was told that they can’t guarantee this!!!

I don’t think that VM are interested in fixing this problem and just want us to go directly to Netflix and then it’s Netflix’s problem if it doesn’t work!!!!

Absolutely shocking service from VM. No communication whatsoever about this apart from the forum team on here. An IT ticket was apparently raised but still no response 3 weeks later. June bill at least is not charging for Netflix but no refund for May🤷🏻‍♀️
I just find it incredibly poor customer service that VM cannot even manage to send an email to explain the situation. My VM subscription ends in July so am looking for an alternative provider that offers transparency and better customer service.

Complaint raised 3 weeks ago as I couldn't understand how Virgin had the right to cancel a third party subscription without my say so. Bills paid on time and no need for it. IT incident raised as the VM answer was to hit the "activate" button which I couldn't see and infact couldn't see much from any link as I had a lot of issues with their pages loading.

More disturbed by the suggestion to resolve my issues they could add Netflix again by adding it to a new package which would double my monthly payment. I do not see that as resolution to an issue VM made. Poor service.

Good Morning @Brbache, thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you've been effected by the Netflix issue.

We are working to have this resolved as soon as possible and we apologise for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Derek12
Joining in

Got the cancellation email from Netflix 15th May, was told 3-5 days on phone, then made a complaint online, here's the reply to that from Virgin,

"We’ve looked into it and here’s what we found:
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing netflix subscription and billing issue to our attention here.
Virgin media was just a platform through which netflix billing was assessed for service provided by a third party.Netflix charge is not billed through virgin media anymore.Please log in to your netflix online account to check the account status and for any refund related queries or incase of an over payment,You can call netflix directly.
Please visit virginmedia.com/netflixhelp or you can even get help directly from netflix at netflix.co.uk/help. ;

Here’s what we offer as resolution:
Package > Extra info on package and product

We hope this works"

In plain terms.. nothing to do with us ! ...don't hold your breath for the mythical purple activate button folks ! Not been charged for it on latest bill so more or less decided to do without Netflix and just watch Prime.

It's happened again.  Netflix subscription has been stopped.  I am guessing I will lose more time.  Think this may be it.......had enough of this.  Happened in may, had to restart my Netflix, now what?  Have to restart again?

Hi Benjy99,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that your Netflix subscription has stopped working again, can we ask what happens when you try to access it.

What is the message you are receiving? 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Just asks me to sign up I am guessing the repeat subscription didn't work?