cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Activation Error

SamHolding
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm getting an error when linking my included Netflix package.  Activation link will not work.  Logging in through the app also throws up a 'sorry, something went wrong'

Resetting via the my virgin media isn't working.  7 phone calls to virgin and no-one can/will help. 2 phone calls to Netflix and they insist it's a virgin error - which given all my error emails are from Virgin - I would be inclined to agree.

Been paying for Netflix through virgin since July 19th and still unable to receive the service.  HELP!

9 REPLIES 9

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi SamHolding, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your Netflix service, we will be able to help. 

Can you please login to your My Virgin Media account and let us know if the Netflix icon is showing and if you have the option to activate the service from there.

Let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for responding. The Netflix logo is not there anywhere sadly! 

Sam

I assume you have not received the email from VM (streaming services) giving you the correct link to activated Netflix as included in your package.

In that case the forum team will not be able to help ( just as above send a copy and paste reply that solves nothing)

It will be a question of waiting for the email , some get it in days others have had to wait for months!

Hey,

I’ve had that email and when I click it it simply says “sorry, something went wrong”!

1F98184A-A7F6-4085-8F10-268886E1BEE7.png

That is the correct email so you do have a problem that the forum team need to investigate...

Thanks for coming back to us @SamHolding and I'm sorry that your Netflix account still hasn't been activated. 

Before I log this with our IT support team to be investigated, please could you clear your browsers cache and try to click the link one more time for me?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven

Tried, no luck unfortunately. Tried on desktop, phone and on the Netflix app on the box

if I check my Netflix account it says this but on the phone virgin told me there are no errors with my package…..

AD4E7F00-5DAE-4D33-A78A-4E606B0665A6.jpeg

Thanks for trying that for me @SamHolding

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @SamHolding and I can confirm that I have raised a ticket with our support team for this to be investigated.

I will be back in touch as soon as I have any further updates from the team.

Regards,

Steven_L