cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house, contract now states much higher price

Blackspur
Joining in

I am due to move house on the 21st May and I notified Virgin Media of that, I now have an arranged install at the new property on the 22nd May. I have received emails detailing the move and also a new contract, I understand that I should have a new account number and the email states to ignore the length of the contract as that will be amended to match my current one. However, it does not mention why the price is now much higher as well, and it does not say that this will be adjusted as with the term length.

I am currently paying £60 a month for the ultimate volt bundle due to a promotional welcome offer which is to last 18 months, due to end on the 19th July 2024. However this new contract has the full price of £136 a month with no welcome offer at all. Surely this can’t be right and should be changed as well. Can anybody confirm this will be readjusted to my current rate?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Blackspur,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, it has been a while, hope you have kept well, as long as nothing is changing when you moving the price/ contract will remain the same, the contract may show the full price after the promotional period, I would advise speaking to our Movers team again if you have any concerns and to make sure this was done as a transfer and not a new deal.

Regards

Paul.