cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving home and non-renewal of contract

SUP3RNAD
Joining in

Dear Sir/Madam,

I called virgin media today and got through to the team for leaving home.

I explained that I will be leaving my address on the 06th August 2022 and my contract ends on 07 August 2022 and I do not wish to renew my services. I was asked for an address to send the kit back but then the phone went back in the queue and I have now been waiting for more than an hour to sort this out. I have friends at the address who can send the kit back.

I would like to not renew the contract and have the kit sent back.

please advise.

Kind regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @SUP3RNAD 

The Forum Team may be able to check if home movers team have set the closure of your account in motion, however I'm afraid the Forum Staff don't have access to the systems to actual close it, or arrange call backs, so if it hasn't been done then it would be best calling around 8am to speak to the home move team again, when lines are least busy.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @SUP3RNAD 

The Forum Team may be able to check if home movers team have set the closure of your account in motion, however I'm afraid the Forum Staff don't have access to the systems to actual close it, or arrange call backs, so if it hasn't been done then it would be best calling around 8am to speak to the home move team again, when lines are least busy.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @SUP3RNAD,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear about the poor experience when trying to book in your disconnection. I have checked our systems and can see feedback has been provided to the agent you were speaking with. 

I note our team were subsequently able to help get this booked in for you as requested.

If there's anything else you need help with, let me know. 

All the best!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Many thanks for your reply Dave, all sorted now I believe, cheers 🙂

Hi Ayisha, many thanks for your kind message.

I believe its all sorted now, but took a while to get to the right person who was able to properly assist me in getting things sorted.

Kind regards,

Nadim

Hi SUP3RNAD, 

Thanks for your update here on the forums, I am glad this issue has been resolved!

Thanks so much for letting us know.

Kind regards, 

Megan_L