cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I actually contact this woeful company?

stoo13
On our wavelength

Started trying to contact Virgin at 11.17am yesterday via their web chat, after an hour of waiting for someone they advised me to "move the chat to Whatsapp" which I did. Despite clearly stating that I was looking to cancel, someone who I assume was from basic customer service took me through security then advised that he wasn't allowed to cancel accounts and he would transfer me to Customer Relations. 

More than 24 hours later, I am still waiting to be "connected to an advisor". No doubt I'm being ignored because I want to cancel. Looks like it'll be another complaint to ombudsman, last one paid out £200 in my favour, wonder how much I'll get this time?

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @stoo13 

The phone lines and other contact methods are extremely busy at present, mainly due to the impending price increase emails.

VM have also had systems issues for the past 4 days (not sure if it's been fixed yet) which meant the IVR wasn't transferring calls correctly and agents had also been unable to connect to certain systems.

You can try calling again 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 4, but best to call at 8am when lines first open and are least busy to avoid call queues

Or write to them to as per the terms-and-conditions 

If writing make sure you sign it and send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sunderland SR43 4AA

Replies from the following methods aren't instant,  as telephone calls take priority dependent upon staffing availability and call queues

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App. 

There's also a link on the following page contact-us/upgrades-and-offers/broadband-tv-phone 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

stoo13
On our wavelength

Funnily enough, I did try & call 150 but all I got was a recorded message advising "that they were really busy and I should try calling later. Thank you & goodbye"

Quite laughable really. 

Hi stoo13,

Thanks for posting on our community forums.

Sorry to hear you're leaving us. We do understand the frustration caused with the long wait times to speak to an agent, however we cannot process your cancellation request through our community forum page.

We do understand the frustration caused with the long wait times to speak to an agent, over the phone or through our messaging services.

As our valued member @newapollo has mentioned we are extremely busy at present, and it is taking longer than anticipated for your call or message to be answered. We appreciate your patience, and we are working as quickly as we possibly can to get each call and message answered

Alternatively, you can use the contact options which have already been listed by @newapollo.

Kind regards Jodi. ​​​​

karagor
Tuning in

Same here two calls to them both an hour and no reply

cant get to use we chat says try later 

Hello Karagor

Apologies for the delays in getting to speak to a member of the team. A technical fault means our customer service agents are unable to access certain applications and information. We’re currently investigating the issue and ask customers to contact us again later this afternoon. We’re sorry for any frustration caused. 

We aren't able to process disconnections via the forums, To cancel you would need to speak to the team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4. Alternatively you can write to us at the address in our Term's and Condition's here

Rob