cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud

Lucyleigh
Joining in

Somebody has opened a virgin media account in my name and I now have a default and repossessions on my credit file. I have tried contacting via email etc to no avail 

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Lucyleigh,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post. I'm really sorry to hear that this issue has happened with the account being opened in your name.

The correct team to deal with this is the Credit File Amendments Team, by emailing creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk. 

Their SLA is 28 days but usually sooner.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Lucyleigh wrote:

Somebody has opened a virgin media account in my name and I now have a default and repossessions on my credit file. I have tried contacting via email etc to no avail 

Have you spoken to Action Fraud and reported that you have been a victim of crime?

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/contact-us

They should be able to give you further advice and should give you a crime number which may help with any follow-up actions such as contacting VM.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Lucyleigh,

I will also send you a private message in order to get a Fraud Form raised, so please keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide