cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal

jp200300
On our wavelength

Hi all, I'm on a retention deal and my contract comes to an end in May.

The last time I rang up to renew I had a bit of a drama as they put me on a new TV package and lost a load of channels. Although this was rectified in the end I would like to avoid a similar experience again when calling.

My current package is Talk weekends, M100 Broadband and MIX TV. 

I've read that MIX TV is now a legacy bundle and I'm finding it confusing as to what's included in the new bundles, so what would be the new equivalent or closest to TV package to match MIX TV please?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jp200300 wrote:

I've read that MIX TV is now a legacy bundle and I'm finding it confusing as to what's included in the new bundles, so what would be the new equivalent or closest to TV package to match MIX TV please?

There are now only 2 TV tiers - Mixit which is broadly Freeview-equivalent, and Maxit which is top-tier. You can choose "personal picks" which are most/all of the channels in particular genres to "topup" a Mixit bundle - once you have more than a couple of personal picks, Maxit can sometimes become more cost-effective.

You can view VM's "channel to package" guide at the bottom of this page which also contains a link to the Personal Picks guide 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jp200300 wrote:

There are now only 2 TV tiers - Mixit which is broadly Freeview-equivalent, and Maxit which is top-tier. You can choose "personal picks" which are most/all of the channels in particular genres to "topup" a Mixit bundle - once you have more than a couple of personal picks, Maxit can sometimes become more cost-effective.

You can view VM's "channel to package" guide at the bottom of this page which also contains a link to the Personal Picks guide 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jp200300
On our wavelength

That's great, thanks!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI jp2003300

Thank you for posting to the Community and thank you to japitts for your assistance. 

Our packages have changed to include personal picks so we would recommend having a look through the links provided by japitts to get an idea of what is included and which package would suit your needs. 

If you have any further questions or concerns with the package or changes please do not hesitate to get in touch 🙂 

Thanks 

Nat