cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete village installation missed us out

HansKramer
Joining in

Hi,

The entire village of Birchington has had the superfast network installed. 

The cable has been extended from our neighbouring road but does not come up our very short road.  The road is maybe 200 yards long (from the installed Virgin connection point)  but contains 14 large properties of which the majority would welcome Virgin!  The road is marked as private but that is not an obstacle as we can confirm agreement.  Is there anything we can do to get the cable extended that little bit? 

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Do a search on 'private road' (across the 'Whole Community') and review some past topics about this kind of query and what the subsequent issues/discussions involved.

I haven't fully understood the geography from your post but, if your road is 200 yards long with only 14 houses on it, I don't fancy your chances too much.

One of the VM forum team will respond here within a day or two and advise.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi HansKramer

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Please pop some details here to register your interest

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Completed the form. 

Map of the area:

Note that for most of the length our road has a soft verge along side and that the actual tarmac resurface will be redone this year so it would be no problem to lay a cable through it.

VM.jpg