cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from out of contract TV BB Ph to 30day rollingBB only

lewisp91
Up to speed

Ill be moving this year and won't need BB after. I now don't need TV or Phone. It's also £97.... Has anyone found a way to change to a rolling BB 200 only contact not 18 month? How much did you get offered?  I know some of the Open Reach suppliers do 30 day FTTH but they are all newbies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I just want to continue my timing monthly contract with BB only as i no longer use tivo tv or landline.

5 days of communication with VM via WhatsApp and no solution. The evasive responses after over 250 messages makes interesting reading. It's all being reported to OfCom and Moneysaving Expert Martin Lewis

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @lewisp91 

Have you looked at the following page?

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/rolling-contract 

£50 per month for M22 rolling contract.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi lewisp91, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear you're wanting to continue with us. 

We do offer rolling monthly contracts for Broadband however they are not as low in price as the 18 month contracts of the same speed. 

You can discuss your options and sort out a new monthly rolling contract by speaking to the team on 0345 454 1111. We're not able to do packages via the Forum so keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I was specifically told in a very long-drawn-out phone call after a long wait I could NOT avail of a rolling contract as I was an existing customer even if my current contract had been completed and I was on 30 days' notice. I was hoping someone in the Community could suggest a way forward.

Hi lewisp91

As much as would like to help 

Package changes are one of the things we are unable to deal with here

This will need to be done by calling us or 0345 454 1111.

You can also send us a text with a description of your problem to 07533 051809
 if it’s about your cable services, or 07533 016422 if you have a query about your mobile services. 
Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.

Gareth_L

Yes but someone in the community maybe can helpfully advise

Hi lewisp91

We have advised as much as we can 

It would need you to call us 

Gareth_L

I'm a bit confused that no ordinary customers can comment on my post in this community?

Hi I Would persist as I was told the exact same as you that i could not move from out of contract to one of the 30day deals I phoned again the next day and the lady said that no problem and sorted it she also said she had no clue why i was told i couldnt be put on one so it is possible you may need to try a few times to get a agent that knows what they are doing it seems to be the case with most virgin things also if you dont get to a UK person its best to just hang up i find and try again

Thankyou! At last some sensible credible advice!