cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my account without going grey on the phone?

dystopianne
Tuning in

Am on the rolling contract and I just called the main number to cancel our contract, was put in que and on 'musical hold' for WHOOPING 75 MINUTES - after which our line got disconnected. Is there a better and quicker way dealing with this appalling company b.s?

6 REPLIES 6

dystopianne
Tuning in

Attempted another phone call to cancel my service/close the account... managed further 45 minutes for naught. So far spent TWO HOURS on the phone for nothing. Unbelievable.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dystopianne 

The quickest method is by calling around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also use WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112. This often takes 4-6 hours, however for the past few days forum staff have been advising this method can take 24 hours..

You can also cancel using the good old fashioned Royal Mail. If writing include all of your account details and send it by registered (signed for) post to 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi dystopianne, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you've had no success getting through to our Customer Relations team.  The fantastic newapollo has advised you correctly regarding the best time to call.  However, I would like to help you raise a complaint. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @dystopianne 

Apologies I missed out the postal address for cancellations. It's

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4A

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Here if you need us @dystopianne.

I have reached out to you privately.

Regards

Lee_R