cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bills, lies and hours wasted with the support team.

NateC
Joining in

So I accepted an offer to extend my contract with VM for £39 a month. Not too shabby. This was never "activated" (even though I had been sent the contract) and took at least 6 or 7 different attempts to contact the support team to get it right. 

They finally sorted it 4 weeks after It was initially due. I received a bill that was 3 times that amount and was assured by the sipport team again that it was an error and it would be rectified. Today VM took £120 via direct debit. The support team again have said they will sort it and I will received credit for the remainder of the money. 

Surely this is illegal? I have a contract stating a monthly charge of £39 and theyve taken £120? And even if the support team finally do what they're supposed to I'm still out of pocket. I'm assessing my options here, has anyone had a similar experience? Has anyone used an ombudsman in similar cases? 

2 REPLIES 2

HavencroftKev
Fibre optic

Just have a quick search on here and you will find loads of people in similar situations.

Hopefully someone from the team will pick this up and advice you on the way to go from here.

Keep us posted. 

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @NateC 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue and I would be more than happy to take a closer look into this with you via a private message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.