cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing me after account cancelled

pauld7
Joining in

I am absolutely furious. This is an ongoing issue for 3 months. I cancelled my account, it disconnects (apparently) on the 17th but I am now getting bills from Virgin saying I owe money. I rang and paid the balance on the 23rd May. On the 27th May I got an email saying id opened a "new account" which I hadn't as I dont live at the address anymore. I was told this was an error from Virgin and it had been sorted. 

This has caused me a serious amount of distress. I havent lived at this address for over 16 months, it is an ex partners address that I no longer speak to or have a desire to speak to. In total I have spoke to Virgin 9 times in 3 weeks over the matter. I have a 100% credit rating and am recieving emails telling me im in debt with Virgin when I paid a balance and settled the bill. Its been an utter disgrace from start to finish and I am considering taking legal advise now.

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

A not dissimilar problem to this.  Read that thread, explains options to take it forward.  

If forum staff can sort this out (stopping billing, refund, correction of credit history entries, substantial compensation) then that'll be quicker than the formal routes - but don't let the company off the hook just because that's the easy option.  And regardless, do complain to Ofcom as per the suggestions in that linked thread.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi pauld7

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of this billing dispute. I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi pauld7

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to resolve this for you. I wish you all the best for the future and if you ever need anything, please pop us a public post and let us know if you need anything further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill