cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

agleave
Joining in

Just got volt top bundle how long do I have  to  wait to get  the  link to activate netflix 

16 REPLIES 16

@Tractorboy wrote:

It's Grounhog Day 😁

Here we go again , the copy and paste reply to check your spam folder for the non existant email , and to check your account for the non existant activation button.

The reply from the user will be have neither of these !

It's Grounhog Day 😁

Next reply will be I will send you a purple envelope so I can Issue an IT ticket which will dissapear into the ether never to solve anything or be heard of again.

It's Grounhog Day 😁

Oh my God, it’s like you are psychic or something.😀

To be fair though, I’d be tempted to give the forum team here a bit if a break, you know that this a f@&?Up of Biblical proportions, I know it, and, to be honest they know it too.

Admitting it and not just toeing the line mandated by the marketing department can be somewhat of a career limiting move! No?

Every day I sit in the window waiting for my purple envelope post must be on strike 

@agleave wrote:

Every day I sit in the window waiting for my purple envelope post must be on strike 

As likely to happen as it will be to receive the elusive email 😁

Hi @agleave

This should be resolved now 🙂 check your emails for me, junk and spam as well. Also the online account to ensure the Netflix tile is there. Let me know either way.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

What gives the idea it is resolved ?

There has been no notification from the mods or via any official channel. I have been in contact with the Executive Team this afternoon and not been told this.

I ( and I am sure most others ) have not had the email and I do not have the activate button.

It is not fixed

@Tractorboy 

Now I am going to stick my neck out here and make a bit of a supposition. I am not a VM employee and so am not in a position of definitively say this is correct, but I have seen this sort of thing before and really, really do know what I am talking about!

There is no ‘fix’, there isn’t ever going to be ‘a fix’.

VM is an amalgamation of many, many precursor companies and it really wouldn’t surprise me to find that the underlaying IT infrastructure is a mess and held together with spit and sticky tape!

So imagine this scenario.

VM’s marketing department decide it would be a good idea to offer Netflix as an incentive, and for the majority of users it probably works OK. But for a minority it doesn’t on account of oddball legacy account setup, and requires a bit of manual effort against every single account to resolve. There is no ‘global fix’ because that simply isn’t the way it works.

Fine, OK now let’s imagine that VM assign, oh, say, two engineers to work through everyone’s accounts and apply the individual changes to each, alas because it is a slow process it will take three years (disclaimer, complete guesswork, I have no insider knowledge) to work through every single affected account.

Now as I say, complete guesswork and supposition, but does it happen to conform with what you have observed in reality!

agleave
Joining in

Just had the email all working now only took 18 days and one and a half-hours on WhatsApp