cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention of landline number Complaint address?

CarolT13
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm new to Virgin and have a TV,BB & Landline package. My installation date was delayed a number of times and my previous provider was notified. Full install eventually on 5th Jan 2023. I was adamant that I needed to retain my existing landline number which had been at my home for 50  years plus. On install I was given all the relevant info including confirmation of my landline number. At some point after that date I realised I was getting a lot of "wrong number" calls and discovered that my number had disappeared and I had a new one. After wrongly blaming my previous provider I discovered that Virgin cancelled my old landline number on 6th January and it's currently "spare" with BT. I am fed up of speaking to customer support who tell me they can't get my number back despite it being their fault that it's been changed. How can I make a formal complaint in order to take this to Ofcom. Can anyone help please?

24 REPLIES 24

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me Carol, I am glad we got your number back and I was able to assist with your complaint. 

Thank you again and please pop back if you need any further help 🙂 

Zoie

Glad to know its not just me suffering, i just hope virgin media failings dont end up in my divorce as its heading that way at the moment, surely if the problem has happened numerous times Virgin media should have procedures in place,is that not an ism requirement?,instead of parties in the mumbai call centre 

Hey there @andytanksafc thanks for reaching out to us. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the experience. 😞
May I ask what has happened?

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

okonski
On our wavelength

I have the same problem but in reverse!   After 25 years I’m leaving VM and taking my number with me.  Because of the switch to VOIP, I found a firm that provides a VOIP service at a considerable saving, but as they are based in the USA they will do the porting request, BUT have sent me a porting authorisation form to complete, which they want VM’s ‘proper’ address for porting requests - I assume this means both their email and physical info.  Anyone know what these are? TIA

Hi @okonski 👋.

Thanks for you comment about porting out your telephone number.

If it was a UK VOIP provider then yes, you would be able to port your number over. However with it being a US based company this is most likely not possible at all.

All we can advise is that if you wish to port your number away from us - your new provider should only require your current provider name (Virgin) and the number. No other information is required. 

I am sorry, we would not be able to assist with the port from this end - it would be down to your new provider.

Please keep us updated with this.

SB