cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking a daye to transfer number

mattwellsy
Tuning in

I have been trying to get hold of customer service for a few days now but dont have time to wait on phone to speak to someone so I thought I'd ask here.

I plan on upgrading my current package to add tv package with 2 additional rooms connecting. Transferring home landline to virgin  media. And maybe adding a mobile sim to use as backup internet.

My question is can I pick a date to have this done? As my business played for bt internet at my house with the landline and now no longer does so want to use my virgin media for everything.

With the multi room we have the cables already in the rooms as we did have virgin media until we cut back on the tv package.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mattwellsy, thanks for your post here in the community.

You can definitely pick a date for this to be done - we can schedule either a technician install, or quickstart (home delivery) for a certain date depending on your request and the set up in your home (quickstart seems likely if you have cables already in the rooms).

I'd recommend giving us a call on 150 (from a Virgin Mobile or Landline) or 0345 454 1111, and you can speak to an agent who will be able to build the best package for you and get things sorted. 

Just a note though, if you wish to keep your existing landline number you must not have informed BT of your disconnection - we cannot take over any landline numbers which have a pending disconnection request on.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks for the reply.

I will try to make time to give you a call asap. As the bt contract runs out in July so to give me time to cancel and you to have first moved the line to you.

Hi @mattwellsy,

No problem at all. If there's anything else that we can help you out with in the meantime, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Managed to get through on the phone today to get things sorted one think was, and only after hanging up was they said I needed a PAC to transfer my current landline number to the new virgin media line. I thought PAC where only a mobile thing and not needed for Landlines? As the new provider would inform old provider of the change?

Hi Matt, 

Yes a PAC code is for a mobile number transfer. If you wish to transfer your landline number from your old provider we would need to request it from them. However, there are certain conditions that must be met for the number transfer to be possible. 

1) The number must still be active with your previous provider so that we can request it is transferred. 

2) Some providers will automatically reject the number port if there's already an open disconnect order on their system. If this is the case, you will need to contact the provider ASAP to quickly cancel the disconnection to make way for our port request. Once ported, you must contact the provider once more to submit request to disconnect again. 

Please be aware we do not do not liaise with your previous provider to arrange this, and it is the responsibility of the customer porting the number to ensure the number is active, and their services are cancelled following the completed port. 

Is the number still active with your previous provider? If so, please let us know so we can offer further support getting the number port sorted for you!

All the best. 

Molly

Hello

Yes the number is still active. I was waiting for it to be transferred before cancelling it, as the contract is ending in July  fornthenphoneline and broadband and I'm trying to get it moved before then.

Thank you for confirming! I will send you a PM to get a few further details from you and get this processed. 

You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

We can return to the public thread with an update as soon as possible!

All the best. 

Molly

Hello

Today was the day the port of my landline was due to happen. I know the day is not over yet but it does not look like it has happened.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Mattwellsy,

Sorry to see we have not completed your landline transfer yet.

Happy to take a look into this for you if you want, I will send you a PM to do do this now. 

Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Thanks and looking forward

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs