cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy landline

EddyFiss
Tuning in

I've seen someone here saying a woman called (probably an Indian) trying to obtain details so that Virgin could do the switch over to cable.

I had a similar call, but my landline is so noisy and crackly I can't use it for in, or outgoing calls.

It seems you have two choices. Either (a) fix the landline or (b) arrange the switchover. Is my area about to be changed to fibre? and, if so, when will I receive the explanatory letter. If not, I'd like the landline fixed, please.

The conversation I had was hopeless (with us both trying to shout and listen)  and (like your other member) I thought it a scam. However you reassured him it was genuine. So a supplementary question is, if they had our phone number, they must have had our account handy. If so, then they must have had our home address - so why the call?

Sorry to ask so many questions at once, but I know you are good and can cope.

I'd be grateful for your help or comments.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi EddyFiss 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

I will send you a private message now so I can get some further details. 

I can then advise when the switchover is happening and arrange an engineer visit if required.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi EddyFiss 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

I will send you a private message now so I can get some further details. 

I can then advise when the switchover is happening and arrange an engineer visit if required.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks Vikki

For the benefit of others who weren't in on this - we did all the work via PMs.

The outcome was that an engineer arrived quickly and did the conversion to the hub in much less than half an hour. He tested it with their auto-ringback thing and it sounded good.

I'm just waiting for the two members of my fan club to ring me. (Yes, only 2 !)