cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving landline socket

Mr_Mike
On our wavelength

I have a second phone socket in an upstairs bedroom, which is fed from a cable that comes up off the external Virgin cabling point on the front of my house.   Unfortunately, that cable actually runs up a wall that belongs to a neighbour, and they now want to build an extension which means the cable has to be moved slightly so the cable sits on our wall.

Are Virgin able to move the cable, and if so, what's the likely cost?

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Cost is £25 although you may also want to factor in the fact that VM have a target in mind of the end of this year by which they want to convert all landline connections to a connection from the back of the hub (if that has any bearing on telephone socket placement or a new cable route).

Alternatively, you might want to consider putting the £25 towards the cost of some cordless phones (which is the preferred method of connecting phones via the hub, coming in the near future).

Hi Mr_Mike,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We can certainly get your second phone socket cabling re-located for you if this is what you require.

As our valued member @goslow has already advised the cost would be £25 to get this relocated.

Please let us know if you would like us to arrange this for you and we will get a private message sent over to you to take some details. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Mr_Mike
On our wavelength

Hi Jodi,

Yes, that would be great, thank you very much.   Please do drop me a PM so we can organise a date/time.

Thanks also to @goslow for the rapid response too - much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mike

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mr_Mike,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'll be more than happy to help arrange this for you.

I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mr_Mike,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your landline relocation appointment – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mr_Mike.

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. I'm glad that you're happy with the appointment time and date.

I have amended the details you requested. 

Please keep us updated on how you get on at your appointment and if you need any further support after. The £25 call out charge will be added onto your next month's bill.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team