cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline voicemail

JanPalmer
Joining in

Set up my voicemail last weekend on 1571. Recorded a message and checked it, sounds fine. It tells me I have no messages and when anyone rings me it does not switch to voicemail - so what haven’t I done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JanPalmer,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your Voicemail isn't working when people call you after you have advised you set a message, are you paying for the Voicemail Plus as you cannot leave a message on our free Voicemail, do you also have a phone with built in voicemail?

You can find out more around our Voicemail here

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JanPalmer,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your Voicemail isn't working when people call you after you have advised you set a message, are you paying for the Voicemail Plus as you cannot leave a message on our free Voicemail, do you also have a phone with built in voicemail?

You can find out more around our Voicemail here

Regards

Paul.

No I don’t and can’t afford to pay any extra - the free voicemail statement is misleading.

thanks for explanation 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@JanPalmer wrote:

No I don’t and can’t afford to pay any extra - the free voicemail statement is misleading.

thanks for explanation 

Not sure I have understood the explanation given! VM's free voicemail is a service where 'you cannot leave a message on our free Voicemail'?!

If it was meant to say you cannot leave a personalised greeting, that doesn't seem right either (as, from the link above)

Voicemail
With Voice and Voicemail Plus, you can listen to messages from callers that you missed when you were out or on the phone. We’ve been improving our services to one that’s simpler, easy to use and access.

Virgin Landline Voicemail is free to use, and it lets you record your own personal greeting – and you don’t necessarily need a handset with a built in answer machine.

Further clarification needed.

Hi @JanPalmer thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you're still having an issue with the voicemail service. And sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you. I would like to take a closer look on your behalf, as callers should be able to leave you a message, if they cannot reach you directly. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R