cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Fault again

SGGC
On our wavelength

Incoming calls drop when answered. Virgin advise they’ve had a serious fault since Nov 5 and “we would just have to wait” probably until Nov 30th. Interesting since the app and website shows all fine in SL6 area. 2 line resolution have refused to test the line due to the above. At my wits end, where do I go from here?

10 REPLIES 10

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SGGC,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear there are issues with your Landline dropping incoming calls when answered. I've had a look on our end, and the previous conversations regarding a fault, are correct. There is currently an ongoing outage in your area, which is causing intermittent Broadband, TV and Landline.

As there is an active fault/outage, our teams would be unable to perform accurate diagnostics and therefore, would be unable to do anything further until the issue is resolved. The details for this outage are below:

Outage Type: SNR (Signal-To-Noise)
Outage Reference: F010241930  
Estimated Fix Time: 30 NOV 2022 at 2PM

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this is causing, and rest assured, our team are working as quickly as possible to get things resolved.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

ozsat
Superstar

I started gettimg this and it seems looking around the forums quite a few others have too - but VM don't seem to be linking them even though they are all the same fault.

Got a tchnicial visit due so they can look at the SH5 and say - that looks fine I'll report it back.

@SGGC wrote:

Incoming calls drop when answered. Virgin advise they’ve had a serious fault since Nov 5 and “we would just have to wait” probably until Nov 30th. Interesting since the app and website shows all fine in SL6 area. 2 line resolution have refused to test the line due to the above. At my wits end, where do I go from here?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

SGGC
On our wavelength

Hi Reece

I fail to see how this could be an intermittent SNR problem as the Landline fault is hard and incoming calls only. Broadband and TV are fine.

Hi SGGC, thanks for coming back to the thread, is the internet working currently?

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

SGGC
On our wavelength

Yes it’s fine only the landline incoming not working

When people try to call you, what happens? Thank you for confirming as well 🙂

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

SGGC
On our wavelength

Phone rings but line drops when picked up

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi SGGC,

Thanks for the update on this. The SNR problem doesn't allow us to run accurate tests on our end, and sometimes prevents us from booking Technicians, etc.

Is this happening with all numbers that are calling you, or just some? Are they able to hear you, or does it just completely hang up? Do you hear any specific tones when answering?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

SGGC
On our wavelength

It’s all calls phone rings but when picked up the call just drops. I’ve tried calling in myself and it sometimes says number not recognised as soon as the landline is picked up.