cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone

rozajo75
Joining in

Message on home phone saying 'Check Phone Line'.  Cannot make outgoing calls and on trying to call home phone the following message shows on mobile 'Invalid number format - (incomplete number).  This has only happened today as not had any previous problems.  On going into VM website there are no problems showing in my area.  Cannot find phone number to speak to VM about a possible engineer visit.

17 REPLIES 17

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you so much for your patience with this - I can appreciate how frustrating this must be. 

I have reached out to the person that has been working this to advise of the error you're now faced with - when they get back to me I will let you know asap. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

We have received email from VM Services stating that the problem with our phone has now been fixed and should be up and running.  As from 5 days ago we have been able to make outgoing calls but were unable to receive calls on either our original analogue number or the new digital number we were given and were under the impression that our landline had still not been completely fixed.  It was only today, when I rang somebody and they returned my call that we realised the landline is in fact working.  However, it is a completely different number to either of the previous two numbers.  We had not been informed of this change and are wondering if this is now permanent or just a temporary fix.

Can you please let us know what the position is please.

Hello rozajo75,

Sorry to hear toy are having issues still with this service. 

I can take a look at the numbers for you.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello rozajo75,

Hope your okay.

I have just checked and it looks like the number has gone through now for you.

Can you let me know if you still need this looking into.

Gareth_L

Hi

I have just checked both numbers and neither appear to be working when I try to ring landline from my mobile.  I get the message 'Unrecognised Number' so obviously still not fixed.

Kind regards

Sorry to hear that rozajo75.

Can you please allow 24 hours more as the change was made today.

I will send you another message tomorrow to see if its changed.

Gareth_L

Our landline seems at long last to be in working order again.  Thank you for your help.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rozajo75, 

Thank you for updating the thread and letting us know the service is now working for you. 

If you experience any further issues or require and help, please do get back in touch. 

Thanks, 

Nat