cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre phone still not switched over one day after change date

JayGee888
Tuning in

Hi,

I, like several others apparently, have not had my phone connection switched over even though the supposed date was yesterday.  Is it possible to have a useful update as to how widespread this issue might be please?  And when things might be resolved.

Thank you.

18 REPLIES 18

FairyFeet1964
Tuning in

I had the same issue - thought it was my phone system (Panasonic KX-TGD320E) might be too old as have been waiting since 29/04/22 my switchover date but phones won't working. Thanks to help of @nodrogd have found this thread and now know of the issue would definitely like to be kept informed of when date is supposed to be now if that is possible, we don't use on landlines much these days but do have some older relatives (my in laws in particular) and when switchover happens would like it to go as smooth as possible so they can keep in contact etc. Hope its ok to post on here too just want to be able to keep track of the switchover date.

Many thanks 🙂

Hi @FairyFeet1964, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

As my colleague Steven_L advised this situation is something we're aware of and we're looking into this.  Can you please confirm the phone service is still fully working in your original socket?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @Lee_R yes it is fully functioning at original socket so have plugged back there for now until we hear any further news of what to do.

Thanks for getting back to me @FairyFeet1964.  

Please do keep an eye out.  Also, if your landline does stop working (even if you've heard nothing) please do test with your hub?  

Regards

Lee_R

My system rebooted just now & phone connected. Hope everyone else is sorted soon

Hi, I am a pensioner and live alone and I was sent the adapter for my router quite a while ago now but as yet I havent received anything further as to the dates of switch over.  I actually dont use my land line but a couple of older friends will only ring me on it and wont use my mobile to ring me.  Today I called one of them from my mobile as he normally rings me on Wednesdays to make sure its OK for him to visit tomorrow and he said he had rung me but go no answer.  This evening I noticed my land line phone display saying it wasnt connected to a phone line and on picking it up there is no dial tone and everything is connected as it normally is.

I am aware that the land line is being swapped over soon but no one has sent me a follow up letter with any dates so I have just been waiting for the letter then swapover.  As I say I dont use my land line but I am now wondering if the swap over is supposed to have happened or delayed as I now cant use the phone at all, even if I wanted to.  I may try plugging the adaptor in to the hub tomorrow and see what happens but I would have thought they could have at least sent out the letter with the dates on rather than just switching me off, if thats whats happened.

I just thought I would join in on this thread so I may get any updates.

Cheers folks

Hey @washbrook,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback about the way the change over has taken place as we should have given you a confirmed date this would happen, I can however confirm that your changeover has gone ahead and if you are to plug your landline phone into your hub with the adaptor this should no provide you full landline services.

Please let me know, if you have any further issues with this part of your services. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi @Lee_R Thanks for your help - I just wanted to advise that our phone system has just switched over and is now working fully from the hub, our internet suddenly went intermittent  and noticed a green phone appear on the hub at same time so reconnected phone up, have done a trial call in and out and all ok.

Am relieved that all is working ok and that we don't need to change the phones, have just swapped our one from kitchen to hallway where our main one with the answerphone was and moved that one to the dining room as it connects to the hub.  

Thanks to everyone that has offered advice etc and to those that are still waiting hang in there it seems to be quite easy once its done, and definitely don't panic buy any new phones (like I nearly did) check your existing phones in the hub when switchover occurs - Good luck 🙂

Thanks for coming back to us @FairyFeet1964 and I'm glad that your services are now working as they should be doing.

Please let us know, if you have any further issues with your services.

Regards,

Steven_L