cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding

maxlugg
Dialled in

My home phone has been out of action for 2 months with no prospect of coming back soon, I would like to set up call forwarding to my mobile so that I don't miss any (more) calls.

Is it possible for someone from support to do this on my behalf? I obviously can't do it myself as the phone line is broken!

(I realise, of course, that call forwarding may also not work but at least it's worth a try).

9 REPLIES 9

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi maxlugg,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome back, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and it looks like a technician is already set up for you which you can manage via your Online Account.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

That sounds positive. However, I can only find a page that describes how to set it up from the phone, I can't find anywhere that lets me manage it from the website, I just seem to go round in circles. Do you have a direct link?

Hi maxlugg,

When divert is added it is something that you set up, we don't have a way of adding and activating it our end, our faults team can sometimes add this when there is a phone line fault, you can call them on 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

Regards

Paul.

I have spent some time on the phone with various levels of support but ultimately nobody can help. Apparently, a call divert number can only be set from the phone itself, Virgin Media have no means of doing it for you if your phone line is broken. Another disappointment. 

Hi maxlugg,

Sorry for any inconvenience the loss of the Phoneline is causing and the inability of adding Call Diver, have we arranged a technician to come out to your property, how is the phone line connected, is this Via a wall socket or the Router?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

The issue of the phone service not working is documented in another thread here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Landline-not-working/td-p/5067512 

It has been ongoing for 8 weeks and affects a number of customers in the GU31 4 postcode area. I am told it is being worked on but there is no estimate for a fix time.

I was hoping that I could get the number diverted to my mobile so I don't miss any calls. I know BT can do this when a phone line is down but apparently Virgin Media can't ... sadly.

Thank you for your interest anyway.

Hi Maxlugg,

How is the phone line connected, is this Via a wall socket or the Router?

I was able to locate you on our system and no area issue is showing our end to be affecting your Telephone Line, the SNR issue which was effecting all services has since been resolved.

As you have still got issues a technician may be required.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

@Paul_DN wrote:

no area issue is showing our end to be affecting your Telephone Line, the SNR issue which was effecting all services has since been resolved.

I don't know why the area fault doesn't show at your end but all the engineers down here know about it! My last technician appointment was 2 days ago (Friday) and we spoke on the phone. He didn't attend as he knew he couldn't do any more than the previous three techies had done. 

Again, thanks for your interest but there is no need to book another appointment for the fault. If you can find a way of diverting the calls though that would be fantastic! 

Hi maxlugg,

Thank you for reaching back out, if this is something we can do it will be our Faults team who add it, you would need to call them from 150 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 454 11111 from any other phone.

Regards

Paul.