cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account Forbidden

fulano
Tuning in

Access to my email account has been 403 Forbidden for days .  Following links takes me in circles.  I don't know what to do.

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the issue still occur when using your browser's Incognito / b mode? if not then clearing the browser's data cache should resolve the issue however be aware that doing so may mean:

• you have to re-sign into services that were active / in use
  • initial loading of some sites maybe noticeably longer
  • site specific customisation may need to be reapplied

Tip: select lock.jpeg and then from drop menu either option to clear cookies or to view cookies and then clear cookies.

Should further help be needed with clearing the data cache then post back here with detail of browser name and device it is running on.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thanks .  I've tried incognito, just the same (Forbidden or on a loop).  The padlock symbol menu just offers me Sign Out. 
How should I clear the cache?  I'm browsing on Google Chrome on my pc, it's a ACPIx64-based PC

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Select lock.jpeg and then Cookies and site date
2023-04-24-a.jpeg

Select Manage cookies and site data
2023-04-24-b.jpeg

Select trash can icon against each cookie shown and then Done
2023-04-24-c.jpeg

Thankyou Mr Insightful. I've trashed the cookies at the padlocks at various sites and then tried to continue.  I end up either at Forbidden or at Oops - Timed out.  I'll try further tomorrow.  Best regards.
I can sometimes get to emails using Outlook.

Hi fulano, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you're having issues with trying to access your email account. It sounds as though the email may be locked so we'll need to take a closer look at this one. 

In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security so I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi fulano, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one via private message. 

As we're no longer swapping any personal information, we can bring this back into the Community. 

It sounds as though you're trying to update the email on a client. 

• Can you advise which client you're trying to use?
  • Did you update your Email App password as outlined in my private message?
  • Have you tried deleting the email account and resetting it up as fresh?

This page will help ensure you're using the right servers 👉 Email Settings

Keep me posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs