cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for vulnerable customers

DaveSplit
Tuning in

My mum is having problems with her email account - it's showing as being unavailable when she's logged in to her Virgin Media account.   She's changed the password and waited for an hour before trying to log in again as per the instructions on the screen, but it's still not working.

She's tried calling the 0345 number for assistance but can't get anywhere with it - she's getting stuck in a loop where she only seems to be able to get help with broadband or mobile, not anything related to email.   Is there a way that vulnerable customers can get assistance more easily?   She's elderly, not tech savvy at all, and getting quite anxious about not being able to access her emails.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DaveSplit wrote:

My mum is having problems with her email account - ............she's getting stuck in a loop where she only seems to be able to get help with broadband or mobile, not anything related to email. 

Just for information, email issues are handled under the Broadband option, then you hang on and choose option 2 "Faults or technical issues".

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DaveSplit wrote:

My mum is having problems with her email account - ............she's getting stuck in a loop where she only seems to be able to get help with broadband or mobile, not anything related to email. 

Just for information, email issues are handled under the Broadband option, then you hang on and choose option 2 "Faults or technical issues".

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello DaveSplit

Sorry to hear of the problems your mother is experiencing with her email account and access, we appreciate the confusion this can cause and you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

Has your mother been able to gain access since posting or is the error still present? Were you able to follow Coenoby steps and speak to the technical team?

If you need further assistance with this we will help as much as possible.

Rob

Hi, she spoke to the technical team earlier, they said they've logged a technical call and it will be five working days to get it checked out, so it looks like she'll need to wait that out.

Thanks for the update DaveSplit,

Please keep us updated with how your mum gets on. If you need any further help, please post back and we'll assist as much as possible.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi, things haven't really moved on. My mum waited for the five working days that the technical team said it would take to resolve the problem and when she logs on to her Virgin Media account there's now an email address associated with it. It's not her one though - it looks like some kind of dummy account with a random name.

What's the best next step to get the issue resolved? I'd appreciate any help you could give with this.

Thanks.

Hi DaveSplit, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the email account and this is not the experience which we want you to have with us. 

Due to what you have said this will need looking into further and I will send you a PM to see what has happened?

Please look out for the purple envelope. 

Kind regards, Chris.