cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld email account stopped working

Paulyboi1612
Joining in

My ntlworld email account has stopped working today and I'm not able to get access. I'm getting repeated messages asking me to verify my credentials but it doesn't recognise my username and password when I try to input them.

I'm not able to access the virgin media portal either as my details are coming up as unknown.

What can I do to resolve this?

Thanks, Paul

16 REPLIES 16

my ntlworld email suddenly stopped working yesterday. The error message is "The mail server imap.ntlworld.com is not responding. Verify that you have entered the correct account info in mail settings. Also tried to log on to my vm and received the oops something went wrong trying to access this site. It is a problem at our end.

Spoke to customer services who re-set my pw but that has had no effect in being able to access my email. They also told me they have passed on my problem to the web team and their SLA is up to 5 working days to fix!

As a long standing customer of VM I would have expected a quicker turnaround.

Please VM fix asap

Its fixed.  Not sure how, but it is a relief.

Hi Sport_brake,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you were facing issues with being unable to access your NTL World Email, we appreciate the 5 days window you were given wasn't ideal, really glad to hear this has some how fixed itself which I am sure as advised this is a relief, apologies again for any inconvenience caused, if you do need any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

domk
Joining in

hi - as highlighted by others my ntlworld email address has stopped working. I can't change the password as the username was using ntlworld.com - how can I get up and running again? thanks 

Hi @domk,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

It's great to have you hear 🙂

I am sorry to hear you're email account has stopped working. Are you getting any specific error message?

I've not been able to locate your details using your Forum credentials. Can you confirm if you have an active broadband service with us?

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

NTL World is down once again.  no emails receiving or sending since Thursday.  VM please sort this out!

Hey there @stevenharr, thanks for reaching out to us.

Sorry to hear your email has gone down.
I'll look i to this for you, I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs