Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging into your email account with a bookmark

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've recently made some changes that offer a new experience when signing into your Virgin Media email account.

Everything still works just the same, but if you've previously bookmarked the email login, it might not work today. You can still access the email login by clicking the Email link in the forum header, or by logging in through my.virginmedia.com

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

50 REPLIES 50

mswhite
On our wavelength

Can’t log into webmail using any browser at all, just times out or has an error. Just can’t log in at all.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To anyone who can'/t get in.

1.  Confirm which browser you are using to access webmail.

2. Try signing in using an Incognito session (note different browsers may call this something else)

At time of writing I can access Webmail using Google Chrome with no difficulties.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It may be working, but it's like I've been teleported back 20 years to the days of dial-up. So slow.

Firefox 68.8.0 ESR.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@indyspike - While I know it seems counter-intuitive, I've found in the past that cookie issues can either slow down the mail experience to a crawl or even cause time-outs in certain circumstances

Can you please try browsing to webmail using private mode and let us know what happens.

Tim 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It wouldn’t work at all last night with any browser even in private and everything cleared. Now it works which is great but as someone else has said it is so slow! Logging in and waiting for it to load up is like dial up days. Unsure what has happened here. But at least we can get in now.

Private window:

After several recaptcha images (Select traffic lights - how much of each? Just the lights? The body of the light, the pole? That BS is so annoying) I eventually logged in - "Your mailbox is not available at this time".

Managed to get back to the main VM page, clicked on Email and it's even slower. Waiting animation (3 circles) on the screen for about 10 minutes now.

OK, but it seems that an extraordinary coincidence that the POP3 mail problems start at the exact same time that you change the webmail login!

Sticks
Dialled in

WHY???

It was working fine before people started fiddling

Last night I could not get in via any browser on one of my mobiles as I got multiple Catcha photos and then got through to your page has expired.

I try the login page and get the Oops something went wrong, and had to click on that email link, like others describe.

Today when I logged in on my mobile, I was unable to delete an email. Last night on my laptop it was not allowing me to move emails from the inbox to any of my personal folders, all I could do was delete.

Can we have our old links back please, this new system is not working for us.

Oh and it is taking longer on the pop3 when I use my Windows Live Mail.

Von21
Tuning in

I beg to differ, it does not work the same at all!

Your two solutions also do not work!

I’m supposed to be in a Zoom meeting in less than an hour, but the link will be posted to my email, to which I cannot gain access... oh my, oh my, oh my.

ianreid2
On our wavelength

I've just managed to log in to my ntlworld webmail using Edge by using a link from another post which is :-

https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox

This was posted by a VIP called Graham, not sure how long it will work for or if it's a permanent fix