cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving VM and emails stored in Outlook

Dagger1
Joining in

Sadly after 20 years we’re leaving VM and our old blueyonder email address.

I have a stack of blueyonder emails saved in Outlook that I’d hate to lose.

When I leave VM will I still be able to access those emails.

Silly question probably but…

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dagger1 wrote:

Once you close your VM broadband account you can continue you access and use any Blueyonder or other Virgin Media email accounts linked to your VM broadband account for 90 days. After that VM can delete the email accounts at any time.

So  that means you have a 90 days period of grace after leaving VM but VM will eventually delete the email account and all emails and contacts it contains.

The emails should still be available in Outlook even after VM close the email accounts. However to be safe you also need to download / backup the emails in Outlook and store then as a file away from Outlook. They will be saved as .pst files which you can always access either via Outlook or via a third party PST viewer.

Here are Microsoft's instructions for doing that  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/export-or-backup-email-contacts-and-calendar-to-an-outloo... 

I hope that all makes sense.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dagger1 wrote:

Once you close your VM broadband account you can continue you access and use any Blueyonder or other Virgin Media email accounts linked to your VM broadband account for 90 days. After that VM can delete the email accounts at any time.

So  that means you have a 90 days period of grace after leaving VM but VM will eventually delete the email account and all emails and contacts it contains.

The emails should still be available in Outlook even after VM close the email accounts. However to be safe you also need to download / backup the emails in Outlook and store then as a file away from Outlook. They will be saved as .pst files which you can always access either via Outlook or via a third party PST viewer.

Here are Microsoft's instructions for doing that  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/export-or-backup-email-contacts-and-calendar-to-an-outloo... 

I hope that all makes sense.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

What an absolute star thank you,

it’s always nice to help others so thank you for helping me

Hi Dagger1.

Welcome back and thank you for posting. We are glad one of our VIP members was able to answer your question 😊.

We are really sad you have decided to go ☹. If you ever change your mind, we are one forum post away!

Thank you and take care.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide