cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change password on secondary email accounts

davidmole
Tuning in

Previously I have been able to reset the password on an email account from My Account. Now all what is available is to delete the email address. Any ideas on where I can go to reset the passwordsa on these email accounts ? 

Many Thanks 

31 REPLIES 31

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You do it by signing into the My Virgin Media account of the secondary address with the email address concerned and current password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that ! What about if you don't know the password of the secondary account ? Tried the forgot password option, but after entering relevant details nothing happened ! 

Haven't tried to change the passwords since Virgin changed the website a while ago. Seems very short sighted to remove perfectly legitimate functionality ! 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@davidmole  If the forgotten password route is not working then you will need help from the VM Team.  You can either wait for the VM Forum Team to reach this thread or you can try calling the customer service numbers.

The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

I believe that VM have made this change to tighten up security on the secondary accounts, but I do agree that removing the facility from the primary account holder is unwelcome.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey davidmole, 

Thank you for your post! 

I will send you over a private message to help out with this one for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi Ryan, I am having exactly the same problem. Would appreciate some help as trying to get help on phone seems impossible as none of the options fit the issue! 

Hi Ryan,

Could you please advise me on this too, as I have exactly the same problem.

Regards,

Peter

Hello TunbridgeWells.

Thanks for your post. Sorry you are needing help with the secondary email address.

Id like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi TunbridgeWells,

Thank you very much for your time and patience today.

The details have been updated for the Secondary Email Account now.

To change Primary or secondary email passwords or security information.

Go to our sign in page 

User name will be the email address you wish to change.

Password is the one for each email.

Once logged in, go to Update settings - Account Details - Password Recovery Question.

Hope that helps.

Gareth_L

I am still having issues with this. Just tried on different browser and still cannot reset email password. I am disabled with Parkinson’s and cognitively impaired and finding this quite stressful as I cannot access information about my energy bills. I’ve tried calling but cannot remember the password it requests and cannot get through to speak to a person. Please help me via direct message