cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked Blueyonder email account

jenny63
Joining in

My Blueyonder email has been hacked (and password changed) and i am getting threatening messages from it on my phone asking for money and saying they will send nasty pictures to all my contacts. Can i delete this account please

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please read the following: Sextortion emails: how to protect yourself | Action Fraud

Have you tried resetting the password via this link Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media?

When you regains control of the account follow the advise here, My Virgin media email has been hacked | Virgin Media Help

I would advise against deletion but If that is the path you wish to pursue, and the account is a secondary one, then:

• sign in here, Login to My Virgin Media | Virgin Media
  • select  Account settings > Account details > Manage other My Virgin Media accounts (located toward foot of page)
  • select Delete link adjacent to account  to delete and following prompts to confirm deletion

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hello jenny63

We're really sorry to hear of the email account issues and the threats received, we can understand the concern this can cause and you requesting assistance with this. We're eager to help via the forums and welcome to the community.

Firstly, the advice offered by 用心棒 is excellent, particularly in instances like this. Have you been able to reset the password on the email account since it was recommended? Or follow the steps to delete the account if you have been unable to reset the password?

Please let us know and we're here to help.

Rob