cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails locked but still doesn't work after reset

gazza101uk
On our wavelength

My Dad hasn't been able to get into his emails today.  I've reset the password for him but still says a message the account is no longer available or is locked.

It only started today.  Any ideas.  He's waiting a very important hospital email so this is making him very stressed.

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gazza101uk Does your Dad still have a Virgin Media broadband account to which the email address concerned is attached?

Also VM have been having problems with their email service recently.  Sometimes the account locked message can indicate that VM are in the process of restoring past emails to the account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes, still has an active account.  Still doesn't work this morning.  Hopefully somebody from the support team can look into it?

gazza101uk
On our wavelength

Also want to add that this is an @ntlworld.com account 

chalkychalk
Tuning in

Same problem, here and this is also an ntlworld email account, I can confirm that resetting password and app password makes no difference whatsoever.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Your-Virgin-Media-Mail-account-is-currently-unavailable/m...

gazza101uk
On our wavelength

Any update, this is really bad!