cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send ntl email

KWilliams1
Joining in

I can't send emails from my @ntlworld.com email accout. I've compared all the server settings and they match those shown or suggested by Virgin for my android device. Don't know what else to try. Can anyone please help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Does this apply? 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Does this apply? 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately (or fortunately) not. I'm still a virgin media customer. I can receive emails, just can't send them. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

How are you connecting, from a browser or an app? 

- jpeg1

By the "mail" app on my phone. I logged in via a browser and could send an email but on my phone I can't. I also tried setting up via gmail app and couldn't send emails from there either. Thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

So the good news is that your account is working. It sounds like the app settings aren't right, possibly SMTP.  

- jpeg1

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@KWilliams1 wrote:

By the "mail" app on my phone. I logged in via a browser and could send an email but on my phone I can't. I also tried setting up via gmail app and couldn't send emails from there either. Thanks

@KWilliams1 Sometimes the password databases at VM get out of sync.

Try resetting the email account password via the My VM account.  As the password is working on webmail just reuse the same password in this instance.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @KWilliams1,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear you've been having some issues sending emails. 

Just checking in to see if you're still having this problem?

I can see Graham has suggested resetting the password. Can you confirm if you have tried this?

Keep us posted so we can offer further support if needed.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I've just tried this and it's worked! Thanks so much, all working again now 🙂 

Thank you Graham, that's worked:)