cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email hacked

Arctia
Joining in

I have an old email account associated to an old account which ended years ago but it’s been hacked and I can no longer access it.

I would like to urgently delete the account to prevent them gaining access to further accounts b

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Arctia thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of your concerns regarding email.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly, and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Arctia thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of your concerns regarding email.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly, and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Hello,

It would appear old Blueyonder Email accounts no longer have the password encrypted and are being hacked.  I too need my Blueyionder account deleted, but I am no longer have any services with Virgin Media.  Please advise.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chanaks wrote:

Hello,

It would appear old Blueyonder Email accounts no longer have the password encrypted and are being hacked.  I too need my Blueyionder account deleted, but I am no longer have any services with Virgin Media.  Please advise.

There haven't been any recent changes in the VM terms and conditions for continuing usage of the free email addresses that VM previously offered as part of their broadband provision.

Your blueyonder email address should have been deleted 90 days after you stopped being a VM broadband account customer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply.

I too thought my Blueyionder email accoungt would have been deleted after I left Virgin Media, but it is still active and somehow it has been hacked causing no end of real issues. 

Are you able to delet the email account or how can I get this deleted.

Regards,

Hi @chanaks 👋.

Thanks for your comment.

We are sorry that you are having issues relating to your email address 😢. We can of course delete the email where it is no longer in use permanently, this would require contact with us to request that our IT department do this for you. We would request that this be done via private message (the purple envelope in the top right corner, there should be a message from me in there) so that we can act upon it quickly. 

Awaiting your reply.

Sabrina