cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account is closed after leaving but still getting scam spam forwarded

stevesmith099
Tuning in

I left VM media over a year ago, occasionally now though I get scam type spam mail that appears to be sent to my old ntlworld.com address appearing in my current email account. Can this be being forwarded in some way? My current email account is not set up to collect this mail and there should be no connection from one to the other. Any ideas?

13 REPLIES 13

Thank you for the update @stevesmith099

I can see my colleague John has raised this with our IT team to get the email account closed.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Vikki_M

I am in the same situation. My account was closed in April 2022 and I am still getting loads of spam originating from my old virginmedia email address.

I had email forwarding set up, as I thought it would be a good idea, in case I had forgotton to tell anyone about my new email address. However, I was told that email forwarding would cease in 3 months when my Virgin Media email address was ceased.

Would it be possible for you to arrange to cease this for me please? I have tried getting in touch with your Customer Services but cannot get through to anyone who helps, as it seems to rely on my old account details which are no longer recognised.

Thank you

Jo

Hello Dooley1

Sorry to hear of the email issues and spam received, we appreciate the frustration this can cause and you taking the time to make us aware of this via the forums. Welcome to community.

We're happy to help with this and I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you.

Rob

Hi Dooley1,

Thanks for letting me know and glad to hear this seems to be resolved. if you need me again please don't hesitate to post on the forum!

Rob