cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing old VM email help.

lewise943
Joining in

Hi all,

I'm trying to access my old Virgin Media email account which honestly didn't even know still existed or worked (have checked a website that says the email's still up and running). I've tried what I remember or think the password could be several times and haven't gotten anywhere, so have tried to reset said password. Each time however I try to reset it says the email doesn't exist or that it's wrong or some sort of error message. Any chance anyone knows a way for me to fix this and get my email back or is it gone for good?

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lewise943 wrote:

I'm trying to access my old Virgin Media email account which honestly didn't even know still existed 

Any chance anyone knows a way for me to fix this and get my email back or is it gone for good?

If you no longer have a VirginMedia broadband account then the simple answer is that your VM email account is gone for good.

VM stopped issuing new email accounts back in May 2022. They do still support the existing VM email accounts of current VM broadband customers but in all honesty the long term future of the whole VM email service is unclear,

Turning to the situation with your old VM email account if you no longer have a VM broadband account. The Terms and Conditions of VM's broadband contracts has always said that 90 days after a VM broadband account is closed VM will delete all email accounts linked to that broadband account.

"(have checked a website that says the email's still up and running)"

VM's deletion process has never been foolproof and in many cases they appear to simply delete access to the webmail account but leave the mailbox itself still live and still accessible via the SMTP/POP3 protocols used by email apps and clients.

That means that online email checkers may well report that a "deleted" email account is still live and it sounds as if that is what you have discovered.

However. if you don't know the password then you have no way to access the old email account or to reset the password. So for all practical purposes it has gone for good.

Sadly, if you are not currently a VM broadband customer the only support VM staff can offer you is to get your old account fully deleted to stop it being used by hackers. The Forum Team (VM staff) who support this forum can arrange for that if you wish. One of then will be contacting you via this forum in the next day or so.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lewise943 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @coenoby 👍

Regards,
Daniel