cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to virgin.net email

Maxgreen
Tuning in

Hi

As of yesterday, access to my virgin.net email was turned off. I called the help line and they said there was nothing they could do. I had a similar issue 2 years ago and the helpline assistant was able to reopen the email. If I had been informed at that time that as I was no longer a virgin customer it would be turned off within 90 days I would have taken the necessary steps. As it is it ran for another 2 years and is still receiving emails.

Due to a medical condition I need access to send records to my new email and update contacts. Many of these I can't do as the reset is sent to my virgin.net account. I notice from other forum threads that access has been granted for an additional 90 days to users in a similar position.

Can one of the forum admins please contact me to discuss. I won't need 90 days to sort it out (luckily I have no bit coin receipts)

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Maxgreen 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you're not able to access your email. 

If you do not have an active Virgin Media broadband service with us then email access should have been removed within the 90 days after your disconnection date. Sometimes customers are able to still use the email service for longer than 90 days, as if the email address is in constant use it can be missed. When we do system sweeps for any email addresses no longer associated with an active account, these are deleted and removed, which is most likely what happened to your email two years ago. As such, we would not be able to reactive your email again, as this has now been deleted with no active broadband service account to register it back to.

This is detailed within the Terms & Conditions (specifically section D, paragraph 6), which reads "If this agreement ends, your right to use that email address will also end and you will no longer be able to use the email address, so please make sure you have an alternative email address and let your contacts know of the change, as we cannot do this for you."

We also detail this in the Acceptable Use Policy (section 6.5 under Email use), which reads "It is your responsibility to back up the contents of your Virgin Media email account. Upon suspension or termination of services the content may be removed and permanently deleted by Virgin Media without notice."

I appreciate that this is not the outcome you were hoping to hear, sadly we would not be able to action this request again for you. My apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley

I was using the email account on Friday last week, its only been turned off for 72 hours

Hi @Maxgreen, thank you for your response.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel