cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin won't let me cancel, despite slumlord circumstamces

morgan123456
Joining in

Virgin have trapped me into a 24 contract even after explaining to them that the flat I purchased the contract with became damaged in a storm, began leaking and growing mushrooms so I had to move out quickly and unexpectedly. The new flat I moved into was already fitted with Virgin media wifi so there was no use porting over the wifi as then I would just be paying twice. 

When Virgin said they can't cancel the account without a £500 fee I organised with the previous landlord to transfer over the account to her new tenants when the flat is fixed. Now, 5 months later of paying for Wifi i can't use, the landlady has turned around and told me her new tenants are porting over their own Wifi and won't let me transfer the account to them.

Explained everything to Virgin, and they refuse to let me out of the contract when surely this is a exceptional circumstance. I had every intention to honour the contract, tried to transfer the account to my new flat, the new tenants but everything has fallen through. 

I'm so angry and will never buy from Virgin again unless this can be sorted. There needs to be a way for contracts to be amended in the circumstances are so out of the customers control.

1 REPLY 1

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi morgan123456,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you have had to move out of your property due to damage and that you have been unable to disconnect your account without incurring early disconnection fees

So I can help I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.