cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation date - can I choose?

Cate24
Joining in

Hi there - possibly a dumb question but does anyone know if you can choose the cancellation date when you go through the ‘I want to cancel’ option on the app? 
Technically, I don’t want to cancel but I don’t want to ‘renew’ when my contract ends early April. 
I have to use a VPN for work and there have been no end of problems with everything dropping out. According to the IT team at work, Virgin is a known problem for this (I also now have access to city fibre and can get 8 times the speed for a third of the cost. No brainer…)

My first time posting so sorry if this is waffly! Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to give 30 days notice to cancel in any case.  Also as far as I know, when your "initial" contract ends, you start a 30 day rolling Contract, providing you make no changes to this.  VM quite often will start a new 18 month contract if you make any changes.  You can also leave at any time and pay the penalty for this, which is basically the money you would have paid up to end of Contract.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

bigglesch
Tuning in

I recommend cancelling your contract. If you take a NEW contract, the small print will tell you that to cancel early you must pay the full amount outstanding on the contract (e.g. if you take an 18 month contract and want to cancel after 6 months, you will have to pay 12 months full price, just to cancel - be warned, Virgin are expensive and discraceful in this respect.