cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Volt Bundle discounts & promotions dramatically reduced

HDRocket
Tuning in

I'm on a heavily discounted Ultimate Volt Bundle. My promotions & discounts end on 9th August.

My latest bill is dated 30th July 2024 (money to be debited from my bank account on 15th August).

But the promotions & discounts have dramatically reduced. This amounted to £104 in my June bill, but is now only £43.27 in the 30th July bill. Why? 30th July is before 9th August - all promotions and discounts should still apply.

I have no intention of keeping the Ultimate Volt Bundle once my promotions & discounts end on 9th August. So on 22nd July I requested closure of my O2 account - disconnection is scheduled for 22nd August. Is this the reason Virgin Media have reduced my promotions & discounts? How else am I supposed to cancel my Ultimate Volt Bundle? This is disgraceful behaviour from Virgin Media and I demand a refund to reconcile the reduced promotions & discounts. 

As it seems the cheapest package Virgin can offer me once I end my Ultimate Volt Bundle is about £70 a month, I am now a mere phone call away from joining Sky.

Your move, Virgin.

3 REPLIES 3

Tavis75
Super solver

You are billed in advance, so your July bill will be for your service in August, which is mostly after your discounts end, if you check the bill it will probably say the dates of service that the bill is actually for.

No no no no - as I clearly said, the bill is dated 30th July, before my promotions & discounts end on 9th August.

Hi @HDRocket thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

As @Tavis75 has advised, you are billed one month in advance for your services so your bill dated for July, is for August's services.

If you check on your e-bill, and expand the section that says "your package" it should break down the dates your bill is covered for. 

If you do need any further clarification then please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W