cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 boxes

linzijmitchell
Tuning in
  • We have a v6 box in main living room and 2 upstairs (one in each bedroom) also have a booster upstairs on the landing. Bedroom boxes keep stopping when watching TV programmes. We spoke to virgin a few months ago and they did the usual checks which improved it until this last 2 weeks. We also reboot the WiFi modem and boxes regularly.

Any other ideas because this happens quite often and it's really getting on my nerves.

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

IMO anything around 60% should be usable but doesn't have much wriggle room.

It may be worth swapping the 2 boxes around to see if the issue follows the box or stays with the location.

Also try using other VoD or streaming services and see how they behave. The V6 < --- > Hub connection is the same for all internet-based functions on the box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ok thank you. 

Swapped my daughters V6 box which has 77% with the one that has given me the problems and it worked fine. When we plugged in the V6 box that was the original problem it worked fine at the moment. I did try other virgin media services and again it was fine. Seems like an intermittent issue.