cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box recording fault

Dentyswife
Tuning in

My v6 box recording keep freezing so far through the recording is anyone else having this issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Dentyswife, I have booked a visit for the next available slot which you can view here via the MyVM app. If there are any issues with the date or time please let me know and we can look to alter this to something more suitable.

Please be aware that any changes would result in a delay to the visit as this was the earliest available, there also needs to be someone over the age of 18 in the property at the time of the visit.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Dentyswife

Sorry to hear of the problems experienced with yourV6 box and the recordings, we appreciate you taking the time to contact us via the forums and welcome to the community.

Can you confirm the following please:

• Does this happen with specific or all content recorded
  • Is it on one or multiple boxes
  • Do you experience any issues with Live TV?

Thanks

Rob

It’s on all recordings, just on this box. No issues with live tv 

Thanks Dentyswife, What happens with the recording? Does it play at all or part way? What is the impact on the recording ie sound image etc?

Rob

Image freezes and looses sound, then we need to find thr programme on catch up to watch as its soo annoying 

So the content works on Catch Up but not the recording? Do you have the same issue with older recordings you may have? It sounds like it may be an issue with the hard drive in the set top box. 

Rob

Yes it’s the same issue with older recordings too, can the box be changed?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dentyswife 

Pause a live program for a few minutes and then play it back.

If it keeps freezing wjhen you play it back then that confirms it's a hard drive problem.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dentyswife, I have booked a visit for the next available slot which you can view here via the MyVM app. If there are any issues with the date or time please let me know and we can look to alter this to something more suitable.

Please be aware that any changes would result in a delay to the visit as this was the earliest available, there also needs to be someone over the age of 18 in the property at the time of the visit.

Rob

New box issued now it’s started again 😭